Top Things to Do in NYC in Spring and Summer 2017
Spring and summer bring New York City to life, filling the air with excitement, energy and a sense of renewal. From spring openings on Broadway to sunny strolls through lush parks to evenings of sidewalk dining and drinks, there are an array of things to do in New York City during spring and summer.
1. Concierge Top Spring/Summer Picks - Catch Broadway's Best New Shows and Brightest Stars
Broadway's spring season brings a variety of new musicals and stage productions to the Theater District.
2. Concierge Top Spring/Summer Picks - Dine Al Fresco at Neighborhood Favorites
The first true sign of spring in New York City is the return of tables and benches to the city's sidewalks. Restaurants across the city open up their windows and decorate their patios, drawing guests in for a relaxing dining experience -- with the added benefit of some high-quality people-watching. Lotte New York Palace is surrounded by some of the city's best destinations for al fresco dining. Some of the Concierge staff's favorites include:
- Inside Park at St. Bart's -- upscale American fare served in a church courtyard on Park Avenue
- Brasserie Ruhlmann - refined French dining with an outdoor patio adjacent to the Rockefeller Center plaza
- Morrell Wine Bar & Cafe - an intimate destination for some of Midtown's best wine and small plates, in the heart of Rockefeller Center
- Amaranth - fresh Mediterranean food, served on a quiet residential block on the Upper East Side
- Casa Lever - upscale Italian cuisine in a stylish setting just off Park Avenue
- San Pietro - an authentic white tablecloth Italian experience, with a few cozy outdoor tables on 54th Street
- The Sea Grill - fine seafood in the heart of Rockefeller Center
- Bryant Park - quick and easy snacks and treats in one of New York's most scenic parks
3. Concierge Top Spring/Summer Picks - Get Active in the Outdoors
New York City isn't just a cultural and culinary hub: it's a great place to get active and enjoy the outdoors. Spring is the perfect season in which to enjoy Central Park or one of the greenways along the Hudson or East rivers. Central Park offers a hilly and scenic 6-mile jogging, walking and cycling loop, with options for runners and walkers to take a variety of alternate trails through woods, around reservoirs, and to unique monuments throughout the park. The greenways on either side of Manhattan are a perfect option for cyclists who want to enjoy a spring or summer breeze and catch the sunrise over Queens or the sunset over New Jersey.
4. Concierge Top Spring/Summer Picks - Catch a Summer Concert at Radio City Music Hall
New York's most famous concert hall has a full slate of spring and summer shows and events lined up, running the table from classic rock to pop to family-friendly occasions. Aside from concerts, Radio City also hosts the New York Spectacular, featuring the famed dance troupe the Radio City Rockettes.
5. Concierge Top Spring/Summer Picks - See Edgar Degas' Overlooked Works
The Museum of Modern Art (MoMA) is America's foremost modern art museum, and its spring and summer lineup of exhibitions is stunning.The Museum of Modern Art is located just a brief walk away from Lotte New York Palace, making it a perfect post-breakfast stop on a beautiful spring or summer morning.
6. Concierge Top Spring/Summer Picks - Visit NYC's Most Family-Friendly Destinations
New York City isn't just a playground for adults. In fact, the city is filled with exciting, educational and inspiring family-friendly destinations. Some of the top kid-friendly activities in New York City are within walking distance of Lotte New York Palace. Shop for something special at American Girl Place, wander up to the Central Park Zoo to see beautiful and exotic creatures, and stop by world-famous Dylan's Candy Bar for some sweet treats on the way back to the hotel. Evening activities for families include attending one of the long-running favorites on Broadway like The Lion King, Wicked, or Aladdin.
7. Concierge Top Spring/Summer Picks - Enjoy an Italian Feast at Eataly
An all-in-one Italian dining destination in Manhattan, Eataly is at once a gelateria, espresso bar, high-end grocery store, birreria, wine shop, and collection of refined restaurants. Ranging from the casual and palate-pleasing La Pizza & La Pasta to vegetable-centric eatery Le Verdure to elegant fine dining at Manzo, Eataly is home to an entire neighborhood's worth of delicious Italian delicacies and dishes. Be sure to grab a gelato on your way out the door before heading to Madison Square Park to soak up the summer sun.
8. Concierge Top Spring/Summer Picks - Discover the Soul of the City with Yoga in Bryant Park
Greet the sunrise with an expert-guided yoga session in Bryant Park. One of the city's most popular group exercise options returns for another season this spring, bringing hundreds of yogis to the heart of Midtown Manhattan for an experience at once communal and personal. The yoga sessions -- usually hosted twice each week through the spring and summer -- take place on a well-tended lawn in the shadow of some of New York's most impressive skyscrapers, including the Bank of America Building and the Chrysler Building.
Book Now and Enjoy Spring and Summer in NYC
For expert tips on planning your New York itinerary this spring, contact our Concierge.